Greetings Galore! - Card Haul

August 19, 2016


I am in love with greeting cards. They're like small documentations of huge milestones or occasions in your life. Even just a plain card with the words 'best wishes' across the front can remind you of who was there to support you in your final exams, to celebrate your new job, or the friend that couldn't make it to your 21st Birthday party but was thoughtful enough to get you something anyway.

I have the 'Thank You' card from my sister's hen party weekend on my bookshelf, the card I fell in love with from the Design Museum in London that Adam bought for me when I wasn't looking is on my dressing table, and I have a huge stack of 'Happy Birthdays', 'best of luck' and 'congratulations' cards neatly piled up in a box under my bed.

Surrounding yourself with colours, patterns and quirky designs undoubtedly makes people happier and I guess in a way, pinning a cute graphic card to your cork board is similar to hanging a painting up in your house, just on a smaller and more personal scale. (unless someone you know did this painting for you, in which case, you are lucky to have such a GREAT friend!!!)

I've recently had to buy a whole stack of cards seeing as eeeeeeveryone's birthday lands in summer. I usually make my immediate family their birthday cards, but after looking at some super funky prints online, I knew I'd find suitable cards for everyone. So I'm REALLY happy with my purchases and I know that when we celebrate during our annual 'Family Birthdays Weekend',  I'm going to begrudge handing these over.

At the time, I didn't realise that these 6 cards came from just 3 brands, so it's probably best I talk about them brand by brand! Or you can just look at how pretty they are like I've been doing for the past week.

Noi (£2.75 each)

This duo got immediate yes's from me. Even though I picked them up in different areas of the shop and each card had different fonts, colours and all of that - I just knew they had to be made by the same company. Anything with cute patterns is always gonna get me, and the dark haired girls swimming towards the donuts reminded me of my sister because we love swimming and well.. we'd do anything for donuts.

WRAP (£2.75 each)

Again, I picked these up separately but I didn't realise that they were from the same brand. On doing a bit more research I realised WRAP stock quite a few styles. A lot of their work is quite vector based but these two cards had a really hand-drawn kind of feel which is a style I am loving and someday hope to achieve without mine looking like a 5 year old drew them.

Oliver Bonas (£2.95 each)

Right, you're probably sick of me going on about OB but it's my absolute fave shop so you're just gonna have to deal with it. These cards are just your standard birthday card really and they're great if you don't have the closest friendship but gotta pick them up something. They're extremely decorative featuring busy patterns with 'happy birthday' written in a very minimal font across the front. If I received one of these, I would never take it down - the patterns are so pretty!! 

All together I spent about £17 on cards... bit mad, but they're personal so it's worth it & I hope they're all well received next week! So what do you guys think of greeting cards and what are your favourite brands?

You Might Also Like

15 comments

  1. Omgg these are beautiful! so colourful, beats a boring plain card anyday!!! Oliver Bonas is my fav for cards though xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree, nothing like a personal card! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  2. These are all gorgeous! Love the flamingo one so much! I think I need to stock up on some pretty cards now! x

    www.stephiebeau.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha the flamingo one gave me a good laugh, couldn't leave it behind!!

      Delete
  3. Love the WRAP cards, especially the lady in the bath, I think that's fab! I really like finding unique cards to send to friends and family, and I've not actually heard of any of the brands you mention here before, so I will definitely check them out! Thanks for sharing!

    Abbey ✨ www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You so should! I'm the exact same, it's nice when someone makes an effort instead of picking up any old thing in the shop!! Thanks for the comment <3

      Delete
  4. These cards are so aesthetic I can't even! I'm the type to keep all the cards I receive because I love the sentiment that comes from them. Loved this post! ♡

    Evelyn | BeautyCloud9

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they amazing?! I'm the exact same, I don't think I could ever bring myself to throw a card out haha! <3

      Delete
  5. Those Oliver Bonas cards are beautiful!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I adore these cards! Never seen a cards haul post before but I love it! Giving me so much inspiration.

    x Annabelle
    travelsandtea.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh this makes me so happy!! Thank you so much for your lovely comment! Let me know if you do one, I'm obsessed with quirky designs and patterns!! <3

      Delete
  7. Such a sweet haul idea! Love it x
    Morgan
    http://www.justmorgs.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such cool prints! If I had these I don't think I'd ever give them to people, I'd just collect them haha x

    https://sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Instagram

Twitter